- Free & charitable clinics
- Women’s/Family/Homeless shelter
- After school programs for at-risk youth
- Alarm.com will donate up to $5,000 in Alarm.com approved hardware.
- Partner (OnGuard Security Solutions - if we submit and your group wins) will provide installation labor at no cost
- Monitoring service will be 50% off our standard rates ($20-30 mo) you win with OnGuard.
- A winner will be announced the week of November 18th
Now, OnGuard's professional monitoring is even more effective thanks to Smart Signal, exclusive to Alarm.com, a new, direct emergency connection to your home's monitoring station within your Alarm.com app.
Smart Signal lets you use your app to trigger a panic alert, verify an alarm event, or quickly cancel a false alarm, using a new set of signaling buttons in your app. We got you covered. Its simply a better way to communicate. Each button triggers a specific Smart Signal from your security panel to the monitoring station, enabling the station's security professionals to act faster and relay more detailed information to your local police or fire department. Communication is essentials and this service makes it better than ever.
Smart Signal features two types of emergency message:
1: Verify or Cancel an Alarm
In an alarm event at your home, you'll see these two buttons side by side at the top of your app's home screen. They'll stay "pinned" to the top of the screen even when you scroll down, allowing you to check your video feeds and image sensor pictures for activity, then respond quickly.
Hold the "Verify Alarm" button for three seconds to let your monitoring station know that the alarm event is real. Your confirmation gives them the information they need to call emergency help faster. If it's a false alarm, hold "Cancel Alarm" for three seconds to let your monitoring station know that no further action needs to be taken.
2: Initiate a Panic Signal from your App
If there's an emergency at home that doesn't activate an alarm, and you can't make it to your security panel or call 911, Smart Signal lets you send a panic signal from your Alarm.com app.
You'll find your Panic signaling options in the Security System area of your app. To activate a Panic, hold the button for three seconds.
Some systems, depending on your security panel model, include options for a loud Audible Panic alert, as well as specific fire, medical and police panics. All panels, however, support the new Silent Panic signal, which lets your monitoring station know that help is needed without sounding an audible alarm at your panel.
Unlike a security keyfob, which only works at home within range of the security panel, your new In-App Panic button can be activated from anywhere—so if you spot an emergency at home while you're out, you can activate a Smart Signal from your security panel for assistance at your property.
To find out when Smart Signal will be available for your security system, contact your service provider.
Don't have Alarm.com yet?
With proactive safeguards like Smart Signal, Crash and Smash protection and Unexpected Activity alerts, Alarm.com technology provides the ultimate protection for your family and home.
It doesn't matter how brave or capable or dedicated you are. Seconds seem like hours. Immediate response in paramount.
Take Alarm.com user Benjamin. He's all of the above. When his security system alerted him to a fire in his house, he ran inside without hesitation to rescue his two dogs, trapped in an upstairs room.
What he didn't need to do was stop and call the fire department first. His professional monitoring service had it covered. As Benjamin sprang into action, firefighters were already on their way to save his and his neighbor's townhomes. Here's his story.
Instead of having to hesitate, dial 911 and talk to a dispatcher, Benjamin was able to focus on getting everyone to safety. In an emergency at your home, that'll be your first instinct too. That way you can take care of business while knowing full well, professional responders aka the cavalry are on en route.
That's why you need OnGuard's security monitoring, and why it's included with every Alarm.com-powered security system.
In a fire or break-in at your home, an Alarm.com-powered system sends an emergency signal, via a dedicated cellular connection and/or wifi, to a monitoring station staffed 24/7 with trained security professionals. They'll quickly assess the situation and alert your local law enforcement or fire department.
With Alarm.com's new Smart Signal feature, you can even send an emergency signal to your monitoring station from your phone if you're in danger. They'll take care of the rest while you get your family to safety.
Don't get us wrong: smartphone alerts and real-time awareness are home security essentials too. Just ask Benjamin's dogs. It takes a village to keep a village safe. You and we will be there when you need us most IF you hire use. Don't delay for safety's sake.
- automatic fall detection,
- rechargeable battery,
- family/friends text email notifications, lost device or lost person location,
- and much more.
- College kids on unsafe campuses,
- Elderly people who reside alone,
- Seizure Prone individuals, etc.
- Lightweight - 1.5 ounces - comfortable to carry or wear.
- Durable - Shatter-resistant with rugged construction.
- Small In Size - 2.5” x 1.8” x .67 - compact yet powerful.
- Loud - Crystal clear audio quality - No need to hold to the ear or mouth to listen or speak.
- One-Touch Operation and Braille Button - Press the button 2 seconds and the call is placed. Anti-cancel prevents canceling the call if the button is pressed again. ‘Help’ in braille is written on the button as well for extra protection.
- Waterproof - Wear it in the bath or shower where most accidents occur. *IPX7 rating states product is protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted (ex. shower). Protected against short periods of immersion in water (3.3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes - ex. bath).
- Wireless Network - Take it wherever you go on a nationwide 3G wireless network
- Voice Prompts - Lets you know the status of your call. Ex. Your emergency call is now being dialed, please stand by.
- Direct GPS Location - Sends your position directly to the monitoring center and/or a loved one.
- Fall Detection - Notifies the monitoring center and your loved ones if you fall.
- Geo-Fencing - Notifies operator/friends/family if you are near and/or step out of your pre-programed ‘safe zone’.
- Extended Battery Life - 72 Hour Use - For maximum use between charges.
- Battery Status Indicator/Fully Supervised Battery - Visual and audio indicator of battery status. Battery indicator lights (and cellular strength indicator light) surround the call button and will let you know when the battery or cellular signal strength is low. The pendant will also announce that the battery is low, and the unit will notify the monitoring center as well. The monitoring center will then report the low battery status back to you.
- Protected Phone Number - Only the monitoring center can call you on your protected phone number, and this will ring your iHelp+ 3G™. This will help to locate your pendant in the event of misplacement.
Call (317) 572-5777
Alarm Company Comparison Form
Choose wisely the company entrusted to protect what matters most.
|Category||#||OnGuard / Guardian||#||Company B||#||Company C|
CENTRAL MONITORING STATION
|Facility Awards||2015 Central Station of the year by CSAA
Only 2 time winner to date
|Certifications||UL Commercial and Residential, 5 star diamond by the CSAA, Factory Mutual|
|Backups||Redundant facilities in PA and AZ,
3 power generators, dual communication trunks from separate tele-communication providers, secure building with access cntrl
|Response Time||23 seconds average|
|Years in Business||67 years|
|Primary Communication||Verizon wireless LTE (or AT&T)|
|Alternative Communication||Alarmnet, Telguard, Landline, IP|
|2-way Voice||Enhanced svc via 2-way voicelink
Never be home alone during an emergency
|Video Monitoring Service||Yes, Rapid Response|
|Monitoring rate guarantee||Monitoring rate price protection for term|
|Technician Training||Trained by factory reps|
|Drug tested||Yes, Random|
|Owner’s wife standard||Yes||NA||NA|
|Communication||Yes, Call when enroute, text, office|
|Proper installation checklist||Yes, 33 point|
|Certificate of Completion Process and Form||All zones confirmed to monitoring ctr|
|Training and set-up||Up to 1 hr. included, no add charge|
|Cleanup||We will leave your as is, if not cleaner.|
|Alarm brands||2gig GC2-GC3, DSC NEO, Honeywell Vista, Interlogix Simon and Concord, Firelite, other|
|Video brands||LTS-HIKvision, TruVision, HTS, VideoFied, other|
|Access Control brands||Interlogix TruPortal, IEI,|
|Warranty||One year parts and labor (3 support plans available with 3yr and Lifetime Warranty)|
|Pricing||Itemized and transparent|
|Monitoring rate guarantee||Monitoring rate price protection for term|
|Recycling||We recycle old equipment and batteries.|
|3 support plans available||Silver, Gold & Platinum Options:
Allows you to budget and get the custom level of service and support you want beyond our standard Bronze warranty.
1)$ 500 theft deductible
2) 6 month satisfaction guarantee or
E your money back
3) Free move of alarm basic pkg after 1 yr*
|Emergency service available||24/7 if you need us|
|Interactive||Mobile tech via alarm.com allows us to diagnose and fix many issues remotely|
|Office manager / Customer service agent||Full time to serve your needs|
|Emergency Installs||If you have an emergency, we have one.|
|Angie’s list||OnGuard Super Service Award Winner
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
|Home Advisors||5 star rated|
|5 star rated|
|Veteran Certified Business||Yes|
|Guardian Protection Services
|Owner’s years of industry experience||Since 1983 (34 years)|
|Independent||We carry multiple brands and services to best suit your needs, not ours.|
|Partners||We believe in aligning ourselves with the best of the best.|
|Comprehensive 7 point security level||We strive to provide complete security solutions. Were we are unable to deliver with expertise we refer.|
|Digital fingerprint program||Free Digital BioDocs at Community Events|
|Local ‘brick and motor’||Yes, local service and installation|
|Referral rewards||OnGuard cash or free monitoring|
|Owner – Operator directly involved||Yes|